What my first year at University has taught me

1. The smell of weed becomes second nature
2. 'You only need 40% to pass' or 'First year don't count'- don't trust people who say this
3. My love- hate relationship with being alone
4. It's OK not to go out every week!
5. Fire alarms will become second nature
6. Being weary of that one sneaky person in your flat who steals food and cutlery. *I hope I leave with all my knives because I will not be happy*
7. Be prepared to have all kinds of fancy dress (and face paint) ready for Fresher's week or themed nights.
(The Beach party night was AMAZING!!)
8. Missing one lecture and telling yourself you'll 'read the power point slides and lecture notes later'- it wont happen.
9. You won't be as poor as you think!
10. Food shopping is not fun
11. 'home home' - Uni becomes your 'home' but it never fully felt like my own.
12. It is completely normal to have drawings on your door like you're 5 again, however, the drawings are a little more mature now.
... Completely normal.
13. You will also meet people in fresher's week and by the end have lots of random people on snapchat that you'll never speak to ever again, ever.
14. Join a society (if you can) this is one thing I regret not doing.
15. It is possible to have a part-time job and be at Uni full-time.
16. Going to Uni and being in a relationship does NOT change things. (unless you want to get with other people), but I got told a lot during freshers week what 'bad timing' it was to come to Uni and be in a relationship... It's not true.
17. You will meet people you would have never, ever, ever of been friends with before!
18. It is cold ALL THE TIME!
19. No one wears heels on a night out, no one.
20. So far, the best experience of my life.





Charlotte x

Comments

Popular Posts